Do you live in a rented home or apartment and wonder if you need insurance?

The owner of the building has insurance for their building, but it does not cover you or your belongings. A renter’s insurance policy is a group of coverages made to offer you and your belongings protection. We at Matthew Yancey Insurance & Real Estate, Inc. in Van Buren, AR help Arkansas resident have access to renter’s insurance. Below are some of the coverages found in a renter’s insurance policy.

  • Personal belongings coverage – This coverage meets the cost to repair or replace your belongings if they are damaged or stolen. If you own valuables, it’s important to make sure they are covered as the basic personal belongings coverage might protect them.
  • Liability coverage – It covers the cost of repairing or replacing someone else’s property you accidentally damage when they are at your rented home. It will also cover a guest’s medical bills if you are responsible for their injuries. If you are sued, it pays for the costs associated with the lawsuit.
  • Additional living expenses – Your rented home can incur damage making it uninhabitable. During such a time, you will need a place to stay temporarily. This coverage pays for hotel, and other additional living expenses you incur as your rented home is being repaired.
  • Protect your car – auto insurance does not protect your belongings if they are stolen from your vehicle. You can protect your vehicle when you're purchasing a renter’s insurance policy

With renter’s insurance, you can be confident your valuable belongings are protected from loss, damage, or theft. Besides, it protects you from liability claims. While the law does not require you to have renter’s insurance, some landlords have it as a requirement in the agreement.

If you are in Arkansas, call or visit us at Matthew Yancey Insurance & Real Estate, Inc. in Van Buren, AR to get a renter’s insurance policy tailored to meet your needs.

Request A Quote